Founded in 1988, Casey House is a sub-acute specialty hospital. Casey House provides a continuum of care in a comfortable environment for adults living with HIV/AIDS, through a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. Casey House is committed to providing compassionate care by an extensive inter-professional team. Casey House’s overall goal is to establish a centre of excellence in HIV/AIDS clinical care, education and research that addresses the health needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
If you have a passion and interest in supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs and have an interest in health equity, mental health and harm reduction, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients!
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Hours: 8 hour shifts within a 24-hour staffed hospital environment (a combination of day and evening shifts are required, with the potential for 12 hour shifts).
Status: Part-time temporary, 3 month contract, OPSEU Bargaining Unit
As Casey House’s forefront liaison, the Receptionist provides a warm welcome to all who enter the space while providing support and direction where necessary. This role involves overseeing various miscellaneous tasks and functions essential for hospital operation. As the central point of contact for all stakeholders, this role provides administration and customer service to help the organization run more efficiently, while giving our clients a sense of comfort, safety and belonging when entering Casey House.
- Welcomes all clients, visitors and staff entering the building.
- Direct visitors by referring to employee and department directories.
- Arrange, accept and distribute items for delivery and pickup through couriers.
- Manage all phone calls, visitor sign in sheets, and confidentiality forms for all internal/external stakeholders.
- Organize and maintain security, reception, and client documents in shared drive.
- Monitors clients, visitors and staff entering and leaving the building.
- Responsible for receptionist shift changes and security key sign-outs.
- Follows all safety protocol in accordance with procedures outlined by the Chief Fire Warden.
- Replenish harm reduction kits where necessary, update and record kit data.
- Follows security procedures, i.e. monitoring logbooks, surveillance monitoring and confidentiality forms upon initial visitation.
- Taxi Chit reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in customer service.
- Certificate in customer relations or any related field is an asset.
- Experience with identifying and de-escalation of confrontational situations. CPI certification is an asset.
- Experience working with clients living with HIV/AIDS, substance use, mental health or personal, lived experience is an asset.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as Electronic Health records is an asset.
- Self-motivated, responsible and driven to provide the best service.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will close on Monday, November 30 at 11:59PM