Founded in 1988, Casey House is a sub-acute hospital specialized in providing a continuum of care in for adults living with HIV/AIDS through a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. We are committed to providing compassionate care through the support and dedication of our extensive inter-professional team. If you have a passion and interest in joining an organization focused on supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients!
Position: Case Manager
Reports to: Clinical Leader, Day Health Program
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday (with the potential for evening/weekend work as required)
Status: Full-time permanent, (OPSEU Bargaining Unit)
As integral members of an inter-professional team, the Case Manager has two primary functions embedded in their role: intake of clients into the Day Health Program, and providing individual and group programming, interventions and strategies to all Day Health Program clients. The successful incumbent will be highly skilled in system navigation and acting as a broader Day Health Program team resource on issues affecting clients living with HIV and experiencing complex health/mental health and substance use issues.
INTAKE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Respond to and process intake referrals to Casey House Services.
- Engage client to gather information regarding client issues, needs and goals for service.
- Identify priority client issues which require immediate assessment and/or intervention from both the Day Health Program team and/or the broader sector of health services.
- Retrieve collateral information from external providers and referrers.
- Clinically present client referrals to interprofessional team for review.
- Make recommendations regarding matched service.
- Accurately refer clients to matched members of the interprofessional team for assessment.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation.
- Support referral of clients who do not match DHP services to community based HIV and health resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
CASE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct case management assessments and develop client service / care plans.
- Assess clients’ individual and/or group service needs.
- Provide coordinated, short term case management by utilizing specific strategies and approaches supporting the unique experiences of people living with HIV and utilizing internal / external service providers from intake to referral and discharge.
- Provide a continuum of case management responses to a variety of client presentations along the continuum of health and wellness.
- Support clients in meeting identified goals through systems navigation, care coordination, and through the development of referral and follow up plans.
- Respond to crisis situations in the Day Health Program through the use of de-escalation, conflict resolution and community engagement skills.
- Support client activities geared toward establishing and maintaining healthy lifestyles with a particular emphasis on harm reduction, community engagement, and life skills.
- In collaboration with the larger team and the community, develop and lead group programs on topics relevant to clients and provide one to one and group based interventions.
- Develop & implement outreach activities to identify and engage individuals living with HIV who are currently reluctant to engage formal health services.
- Liaise with pertinent HIV, health and/or specific services and resources matched to client needs.
- Facilitate community linkages and partnerships specific to client needs and expanding our capacity to serve individuals living with HIV.
- Facilitate client participation in program initiatives.
- Provide information and assistance or referral to other agencies and/or co-ordinate service delivery with other agencies.
- Participate in community based networks and education initiatives related to issues affecting clients.
- Ensure clients receive appropriate service in larger community by providing accompaniment to community based and clinical appointments as necessary and appropriate, and advocate as needed for requirements such as residential and day treatment programs, housing, income support, and health.
- Maintain case notes and statistics, centralized files and electronic database records.
- Assist in the preparation of statistical and written reports, and other documentation as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree sufficient to meet responsibilities noted above.
- Current, or willingness to pursue, membership in professional college.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with clients with complex medical and co-morbid conditions and associated mental heath and substance use issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of harm reduction, health promotion and community-based case management.
- Demonstrable skill and experience in client assessment, case management, individual interventions, service planning and co-ordination, individual and systemic advocacy, crisis intervention and conflict resolution with adults who are socially isolated, low-income and unstably housed.
- Proven ability to plan, lead and facilitate group work in the areas of trauma, health promotion/wellness, and care engagement.
- Comprehensive understanding of community based services and supports which address issues of poverty, gender equity, homelessness, marginalization, mental health and substance use.
- Extensive knowledge of the issues arising from disabilities, deteriorating mental/physical health and of the conditions which contribute to social isolation, discrimination and racism.
- Experience working with clients with HIV/AIDS preferred.
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a harm reduction and anti-oppression framework.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, and we strongly encourage people living with HIV/AIDS and/or lived experience to apply for this position. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will remain open until 11:59PM on March 6, 2021.