Client Engagement Evaluation Specialist
Founded in 1988, Casey House is a sub-acute hospital specialized in providing a continuum of care in for adults living with HIV/AIDS through a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. We are committed to providing compassionate care through the support and dedication of our extensive inter-professional team. If you have a passion and interest in joining an organization focused on supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients!
Position: Client Engagement Evaluation Specialist
Reports to: Manager of Program Evaluation & Knowledge Translation
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday (with the potential for evening/weekend work as required)
Status: Full-time permanent, (OPSEU Bargaining Unit)
Location: Toronto, primarily on-site with limited remote working
Reporting to the manager of program evaluation & knowledge translation, the client engagement evaluation specialist (CEES) develops and leads client engagement in evaluation and knowledge translation activities to ensure that client voice is reflected in program design, measurement and evaluation across Casey House initiatives. Casey House is committed to measuring the value we bring to the world. This new role is a part of the strategic initiatives team and will work throughout the organization to develop and implement evaluative strategies to inform, learn and refine our work and drive meaningful health outcomes for our clients. The position focuses on amplifying client voice in the work of supporting teams across the organization to evaluate our programs and tell our story. The position builds and facilitates strong collaborative relationships with clients and other stakeholders, and seeks out opportunities to articulate how lives are changed through our model of care.
- Support the manager of program evaluation & knowledge translation to plan for and integrate client voice into all measurement and evaluation initiatives across the hospital
- Collaborate with different departments and teams to identify gaps and needs related to client engagement
- Develop and implement a meaningful client engagement strategy utilizing peer engagement conversations, surveys, interviews, focus groups and other creative engagement methods to integrate client voice into the design and implementation of evaluation activities
- Ensure that the client engagement strategy is in line with Casey House’s strategy and philosophy of care
- Ensure Casey House program outcomes and associated qualitative and quantitative measures meaningfully integrates client voice and experience
- Work collaboratively with other members of the evaluation team to ensure that Casey House’s data strategy captures the range of demographics, attributes and outcomes meaningful from the client perspective in capturing their experience
- Implement, monitor and continually aggregate the collection of client data; ensure that the data needed to amplify client voice and demonstrate the unique value we bring to our clients and the health care system is consistently collected and used across Casey House programs and initiatives
- Conduct data analysis and interpretation, including the identification of recommendations to inform short- and long-term program strategies and new program initiatives.
- Support the analysis of quantitative and qualitative information and provide summary information for grant reports, performance reports to funders and organizational communication, such as the annual report and strategic plan
- Coordinate presentations for internal and external audiences
- Undergraduate degree sufficient to meet responsibilities noted above.
- This position requires your confidence and willingness to integrate your lived experience of HIV in engaging our clients
- Strong knowledge of GIPA/MIPA principles and ideas on how to integrate them into evaluation work
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and engage individuals from a diverse population of people including those living with HIV, diverse racial and cultural backgrounds, substance users and folks experiencing challenges with their mental health
- Minimum two years’ experience in client engagement, including collecting and analyzing engagement data, with sound knowledge of how to use quantitative and qualitative methods for engagement and analysis
- Sound knowledge of harm reduction, HIV treatment and care, trauma informed care, anti oppression frameworks required.
- Knowledge and experience with engaging Indigenous communities, 2SLGBTQI+ folks, and individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of ethics and related processes in community-based evaluation, including personal health information data storage, preserving participant privacy and confidentiality, etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining excellent working relations with a broad range of individuals and teams, including the ability to facilitate, collaborate and resolve conflict.
- Masters degree in one of the following fields program evaluation, public health, community health sciences, social sciences, public administration, public policy, sociology, or epidemiology A combination of post-secondary education, lived experience and commensurate experience will be considered.
- Experience and/or education in project management
- Excellent oral communication skills including group facilitation and consistent ability to express ideas effectively.
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing reports, briefs, grant applications and funding reports
The following qualifications and/or experiences are assets, but not required for the position:
- Ability to communicate in other languages in addition to English
- Knowledge and experience of HIV in the context of social determinants of health, health equity and/or experience with intersectional methodology
- Knowledge and familiarity with program evaluation methodology
- Credentialed Evaluator (C.E.) Designation
- Experience statistical analysis software including Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and IBM SPSS
- Experience with working with large databases
- Experience with qualitative analysis software (e.g. Nvivo)
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, and we strongly encourage people living with HIV/AIDS and/or lived experience to apply for this position. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will remain open until 11:59PM on April 16, 2021.