Founded in 1988, Casey House is a sub-acute hospital specialized in providing a continuum of care in for adults living with HIV/AIDS through a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. We are committed to providing compassionate care through the support and dedication of our extensive inter-professional team. If you have a passion and interest in joining an organization focused on supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients!
Position: IT Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday (with the potential for evening/weekend work as required)
Status: Full-time, permanent
Location: Toronto, primarily on-site with limited remote working
The IT Manager is responsible for the oversight and effective operation of Information Technology at Casey House. This position has two key areas of responsibility:
- Evolving and managing an IT program (e.g., IT planning, vendor management, budgeting, policy and procedures, technical architecture documentation, and support services) that enables Casey House’s strategic priorities and operational plans.
- Providing technical and strategic expertise, support, and oversight to ensure the optimization of Casey House’s information technology infrastructure and investments.
The IT Manager’s role is to support senior leadership in making sound IT investments, manage the IT program, manage vendor relationships and accountability, and ensure the optimal operation of the IT infrastructure at Casey House. The role includes oversight of all application and systems software, communications systems and infrastructure, hardware, network and security infrastructure, and the delivery of IT support services.
The IT Manager supports senior leadership in prioritizing investment decisions by a) implementing IT strategies aligned with the organization’s goals and operations; b) recommending IT investments that mitigate risk and achieve strategic objectives; and c) providing cost-benefit analysis of recommended IT investments.
The IT Manager will also implement and manage an IT program that includes the development and maintenance of policies and procedures, end-user training, documentation of technical architecture, the optimization and delivery IT support services and ongoing end-user and stakeholder communication and engagement.
The Manager will be responsible for managing vendor performance and accountability, as well as a supportive source of IT expertise for Department Heads in planning and executing projects involving IT.
- Implements information technology strategies and plans to support organizational strategic priorities and anticipate future needs.
- Conducts cost-benefit analysis of IT investments to support senior leadership in making informed decisions.
- Assesses and reports to the Senior Management Team on KPIs and risks related to IT, and develops and implements mitigation strategies in accordance with the Enterprise Risk Management policy and program.
- Ensures the ongoing effective operation of IT infrastructure and services that support the organization’s strategic priorities and operational functions.
- Develops, maintains and monitors IT budgets and annual operational plans.
- Develops and maintains the current state IT architectural documentation and maintains a three to five-year roadmap for updating both on-premises infrastructure and cloud-based platforms and services.
- Manages IT vendors and service providers, and ensures compliance with service level agreements to optimize value.
- Ensures the development of IT policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Manages the delivery of IT support services to end-users.
- Provides technical advice and facilitates the procurement of IT infrastructure and services.
- Ensures business continuity and resilience and protects information assets by planning, implementing and monitoring back-up, disaster recovery and information security controls and procedures.
- Plans and manages multiple concurrent projects focused on refreshing enterprise IT infrastructure and services.
- Plans and facilitates the identification and prioritization of end-user needs to inform IT investment recommendations.
- Actively engages and communicates with end-users and other stakeholders to inform and educate on the organization’s IT priorities and plans, and to ensure that IT infrastructure and services meet identified needs.
- Conducts technological research to ensure current systems and processes support organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects, and anticipates future needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Undergraduate degree sufficient to meet responsibilities noted above.
- University education in computer science or a related discipline with an equivalent in demonstrated work experience.
- Minimum five-years of progressive experience managing the operations of an enterprise information technology infrastructure. Experience in managing IT infrastructure in a health care setting an asset.
- Minimum three-years of experience managing an IT program including managing staff and vendors, implementing policies and procedures, managing the delivery of IT support services.
- Demonstrated experience in experience developing and monitoring IT strategies, operational plans, and budgets.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, and demonstrated experience managing concurrent IT projects.
- Experience in planning, implementing and managing cloud-based infrastructure, platforms or services.
- Excellent communication skills to “bridge the gap” between IT and end users.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office 365 platform and services
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows Server-based applications, services and technologies
- Local and wide area network management (routing, switching, wireless, etc.)
- Both on-premises and cloud-hosted infrastructures
- IT security infrastructure (e.g., VPN, firewalls, anti-virus, etc.) and best practices
- Knowledge of ITIL or similar framework and processes
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational skills (managing workflow, setting priorities, planning, multi-tasking, troubleshooting).
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with Casey House related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, and we strongly encourage people with lived experience to apply for this position. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will remain open until 11:59PM on April 9, 2021.