Engagement and Safety Facilitator
Founded in 1988, Casey House Hospital provides a continuum of care in a comfortable environment for adults living with HIV/AIDS, through a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community care services. Casey House employs an inter-professional team who is committed to providing compassionate care.
Casey House aspires to establish a centre of excellence in HIV/AIDS clinical care, education and research that addresses the health needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
We are recruiting for a part-time permanent engagement and safety facilitator to join Casey House. If you have excellent customer service, communication and crisis de-escalation skills and are a compassionate individual with a drive for helping others, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients, community and organization!
Position: Engagement and Safety Facilitator
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Hours: shifts of 7AM to 3PM and 3PM to 11PM, Monday to Sunday
Status: Permanent, Part-Time, OPSEU bargaining unit
As Casey House’s forefront liaison, the engagement and safety facilitator provides a warm welcome to all who enter the space while providing support and direction where necessary. This role involves overseeing various client-facing and administrative tasks and functions essential for hospital operation. As the central point of contact for all stakeholders, the engagement and safety facilitator is responsible for providing customer service to help the organization run more efficiently, while giving our clients a sense of comfort, safety and belonging when entering Casey House.
- Welcomes all clients, visitors and staff entering the building.
- Support clients and visitors by referring to appropriate employee or area of the organization.
- Support community member needs with respect to accessing on-site harm reduction supplies and information.
- Answer client questions or concerns around programming, supplies, or other queries.
- Support overview of security and reception functions, and maintain client documentation.
- Engage and support de-escalation, crisis intervention or conflict resolution strategies to mitigate situations, when required.
- Follow all and support and safety protocol in accordance with organizational procedures.
- Replenish harm reduction kits where necessary, update and record kit data.
- Light reception tasks during after-hours and break periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience working in public-facing customer service role.
- Proven experience in crisis intervention and de-escalation.
- Training in CPR and ability to recognize signs of overdose.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, peers and with diverse community stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and manage complex situations.
- Capable of exercise good judgement and leveraging critical thinking skills when addressing safety incidents on site.
- Proficient English language skills - both verbal and in writing, knowledge of other languages an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of local community issues, priorities and needs, including challenges facing Casey House’s clients experience of poverty, trauma, and discrimination.
- Experience and comfort working with individuals experiencing mental health issues, substance use and homelessness.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as Electronic Health records is an asset.
- Self-motivated, responsible and driven to provide the best service.
In addition to a virtual panel interview, the application process will involve a psychometric assessment.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, and we strongly encourage people living with HIV/AIDS and/or lived experience to apply for this position. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will close at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, July 28, 2021.