Founded in 1988, Casey House is a sub-acute hospital specialized in providing a continuum of care in for adults living with HIV/AIDS through a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community care services. We are committed to providing compassionate care through the support and dedication of our extensive inter-professional team. If you have a passion and interest in joining an organization focused on supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, consider an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients!
Position: Clinical Program Assistant
Reports to: Clinical Program Coordinator
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Status: Permanent full-time, OPSEU Bargaining Unit
Reporting to the Clinical Program Coordinator, the Clinical Program Assistant in the Day Health Program (DHP) takes responsibility for the administrative and clerical support for the inter-professional DHP team and Clinical Leader. The Program Assistant in the Day Health Program (DHP) is a unique position within Casey House that will require the successful candidate to perform and manage a range of tasks and assignments that will utilize their skills in health and social service administration.
The role will focus on administrative duties that include scheduling, maintaining up to date client records and utilizing our electronic medical record (EMR), administrative support to DHP Clinical Lead and team members, relief administrative support to the inpatient client and reception teams, and supply management for the Day Health Program team. This position is also required to support educational activities and events for the Education Development Coordinator.
- Active role in management of all aspects of data in electronic health record system including ADT, generation of weekly and monthly activity reports, tracking of coding and visits, scanning documents into client charts, monitoring and reporting weekly on CCAC billings, and booking appointments for clients with various providers using electronic health record system.
- Provide administrative support to DHP Clinical Lead and team as needed, including generation of weekly staff schedules, maintaining staff Intake and assessment calendar and assist with development of monthly program schedule.
- Answer to queries and redirect clients calls as appropriate.
- Schedule referrals to specialists and book required tests and/or procedures as appropriate.
- Booking clinician appointments and completing reminder calls and pre-appointment screening when needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Education Development Coordinator for educational and training events
- Minute-taking for range of team meetings, ordering of supplies for team as needed, supporting committee work and developing systems to support the ongoing reporting requirements of the Day Health Program.
- Provide back up support to front desk reception and In-patient Ward Clerk to assist with breaks and lunch coverage.
- Interact in an compassionate and respectful manner with clients dealing with sensitive and private health issues; professional communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to remain flexible and manage changes in priorities, and to work under demanding timelines.
- Working effectively with multiple stakeholders and competing demands.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum two-year college diploma in Administration or equivalent, with a health care focus preferred.
- Minimum of two years administrative experience in a health care / social service or not for profit sector environment.
- Previous work experience that demonstrates a motivated self-starter with excellent initiative and the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Proven excellence in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- A combination of exemplary customer service skills, flexibility, discretion, energy, sound judgment, tact.
- Proven experience working with an electronic health record and understanding of PHIPA and other privacy regulations.
- Previous experience in administrative support of events, workshops or conferences.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will close at 11:59 PM on Friday, August 21, 2020.